Japanese startups in Silicon Valley case studies
The Stanford Silicon Valley – New Japan Project case studies were motivated by the observation that there were few systematic analyses of Japanese startups in Silicon Valley. By gathering cases, we hope to identify useful experiences and lower the bar for new waves of entrepreneurs and startups from Japan.
Defining “Japanese Startups in Silicon Valley”:
We define the “Japanese startups in Silicon Valley” to be the for-profit business entities that satisfy all the following three conditions.
1) At least one of the founders held Japanese citizenship when the entity was established.
2) The entity is venture capital financed or potentially attractive to venture capitalists
3) The entity has an office in Silicon Valley, which is defined to include the broader Silicon Valley, encompassing Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, Alameda, and Contra Costa counties.
list of Japanese startups in Silicon valley
- Japanese Startups in Silicon Valley (Google Drive Spreadsheet)
- If you would like to suggest more firms that meet the criteria above, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please fill out this form. "Japanese Startup in Silicon Valley" Suggestion Form.